Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Bad Hombre II

By 16 to 17 years of age I had already owned several cars. Most cars I had were from the late sixty's and early seventy's. Some screamers and some not. I had bought one of the quickest cars in town a 1970 440 Six Pack 'Cuda. Being young and wanting to learn more about Hi-Po Mopar's (I know it will go faster) I was introduced to a Chrysler mechanic. Mike T (aka) Moondoggie. Turns out that Mike was an all around car guy who was also a long time "Graffiti Nut". One day Mike was reading the Chicago Tribune or the Chicago Sun Times when he crossed an ad for a 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe For Sale. Now remember that was before the Internet was what it is now and for me 32 Fords were not real common or easy to locate. Needless to say Mike and I were standing in the shop where the Coupe was located in about an hour. After a small price negotiation I had bought my first 1932 Ford. Time to Bring "The Bad Hombre II" back to life.








I had the coupe stripped to the running gear and frame and after a bunch of work the Hombre sprang back to life. We went on a few very dangerous test drives sitting an a board (2x4) across the frame rails and pulling the carb linkage with a string. Unfortunately due to money ,inexperience and me chasing girls and other race cars at the local dirt tracks the project was sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment