Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gone Hunting

When you are building a Graffiti Coupe you always need to keep your eyes open. Since there are so many after market parts or homemade pieces on the car you will find things you need in odd places. I was working on a work trailer and I needed to replace some broken studs on a brake drum (split rim style) After talking to a buddy at an engine shop he steered me to a place in Addison called "Witt Disintegrating". He said they specialize in removing broken bolts without damaging the treads. Sounds good to me. Later that day I was at their shop and while taking a tour of his little shop I saw an original 1932 Ford grill shell hanging on the wall of the shop. It had already lived a hod rod live before. It had been chopped three inches and someone had made an insert for it but there way way more than enough left for my purposes. After a few negotiations and the promise of a ride in my car when finished I was blowing years of dust off of it and loading it into my truck.
I scored a chopped fiberglass shell on eBay that had a nice insert and the glass shell got used for mock-up until I had my steel shell worked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment