Sunday, April 4, 2010

Return of the Bad Hombre II

Well after buying my third 1932 Ford (the second was just a chassis) I was selling off everything that wouldn't be used in my second attempt at building "The Bitchenest Car In The Valley" A Strange thing happened ,during a conversation with a guy picking up some parts I had sold him. He asked me if I had ever owned a 1932 Ford before. I told John "the Fireman" that I had. Then I gave him the readers digest version of my first attempt at a building a Graffiti Coupe and mentioned the Bad Hombre that I had sold more than 20 years ago. He looks at me and says I just saw that car 2 days ago. WHAT!!!! I am floored So I start asking questions....he pick up his phone and calls the guy. I ask if I can see the car the guy says shore. Turns out it is at a Hot Rod Shop called Hopperstad Customs in Belvidere Illinois. So the very next weekend I am at the shop seeing my old car. Tell me there is not Carma in the world. Turns out my old car is not just at the shop it had been bought by the owner of the shop Kerry Hopperstad. After seeing what was going on out there with the 815'ers Kerry has been working on my newest project ever since.





Watch for the Bad Hombre lurking in the background of my second and FINAL! Graffiti Coupe build.

No comments:

Post a Comment